I really cannot believe it’s taken me this long to realise this, but in the wee hours of this morning when my cat was pawing my face wanting to be let out it occurred to me that the similarities between my cats and my child are quite astounding.
- Neither have any respect for personal space, no part of me is out of bounds.
- They both think it’s fine to put their bum on my face.
- They all like to come into the toilet when I’m using it, as though I might get lonely being away from them for more than 30 seconds.
- They both prefer to do their business alfresco (and are not really too fussed if people watch them)
- Neither have any qualms about waking me up by poking or pawing my face (or opening one eye lid and asking ‘do you wanna build a snowman’)
- They can both put their foot in their mouth with very little effort.
- None of them have any sense of time and will come in and wake me up just whenever it suits them (and wont give up til I give in).
- They all love boxes.
- If they’re hungry they whinge and grizzle and get under my feet and generally make a nuisance of themselves until they get feed.
- They both like to make noise for no apparent reason.
- They both like your favourite TV watching seat (and wont budge from it).
- They can both be darn cute.
- I’d do anything for them.
The moral of the story – if you’re thinking of having kids, why not try a cat or two first? They are just as annoying as kids but it’s socially acceptable to lock them outside when they’re a pain and leave them at home when you go away.